Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Target & Coupons

Lately I've been having more and more "problems" using coupons at Target. Yesterday I went into Target for only a few things. Of course I had a coupon for every single item. I actually had two coupons for most, one store and one manufacture coupon. Most were coupons from the Sunday paper, Target coupons from a mailer and a few printables. That darn machine beeped for nearly every single coupon, forcing the cashier to pull out the item and verify it was the correct item to be used with the coupon. Not only did the cashier check every coupon, she actually called a manager over to check them all. I do not abuse coupons! I always check the expiration date, I make sure I have the exact item including required size. Needless to say, it bothers me a bit when my coupons are scrutinized. It goes without saying, I can home a little frustrated with Target. I searched their website for a coupon policy. Did I mention she wouldn't let me use the $1 Johnson's Buddies on the little green soap because it was one penny over the sale price! No such luck, no coupon policy anywhere. I emailed Target explaining my recent frustration when using coupons in their stores. I requested the coupon policy. With this information I could ensure I would always use coupons correctly in their store. Within hours they responded. This is what I got...

I'd like to share with you some information about our coupon policy. When accepting coupons, we use the following guidelines:

- We accept two kinds of coupons: Target-issued and manufacturer-issued.
- We'll accept one Target coupon and one manufacturer coupon for the same item, unless either coupon prohibits it.
- We can't give cash back if the face value of a coupon is greater than the purchase value of the item; in this case, we're able to adjust the value of the coupon to equal the price of the item.
- We can't accept coupons from other retailers, or coupons for products not carried in our stores.
- All valid coupons should be presented to the cashier while you're checking out.

Thanks for writing. Give us a call if there's anything else we can do to help.

Sincerely,
Glenn
Target Guest Relations

I have to be honest, this does not in fact state it is a coupon "policy," only a "guideline." What does that mean? Does it mean this is a starting point and stores can make adjustments? Either way, I guess it's something. I'm going to print it out and keep it in my coupon box. The next time I try to use a Johnson's Buddies coupon with those little green soaps I'll be pulling it out for the cashier to read;)

What are your experiences when using coupons at Target?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design By Lindsey Joy Design © All Rights Reserved.